Sunday 28th November 2021
Bostin’ Santa Ride
Bostin' Charity Santa Ride
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS.
Join us for a 40 mile (65km) Christmas fancy-dress fun ride in support of the House of Bread charity in Stafford.
The single route takes riders across Cannock Chase (with a chance of seeing some deer (probably not reindeer though - as we all know that they will be in training for the big night!) and through country lanes before heading towards Cafe 43 (the House of Bread's own cafe) located in Stafford city centre at half-way around the route for some much needed free refreshment, including mince pies and mulled wine! After that, continue your ride through the Staffordshire countryside back to the event HQ for tea, coffee, biscuits and perhaps a drink from the bar (not included in the price) while you rest awhile, and let your saddle cool!
- Start time 10.30am - to let the roads air
- Registration from 9.30am (to be confirmed)
- £15 per adult or children ride for free (when accompanied by an adult) (Entry on Day £20)
- HQ with free car parking, toilets and bar
- Fully-signposted route
- On-course photographer (to be confirmed)
- Mechanic at start for last minute bike niggles (to be confirmed)
- Free hot and cold drinks and biscuits at start
- One feed station providing free hot and cold drinks, cakes, mince pies and mulled wine (of course!) and toilets
- Hot and cold drinks and biscuits at the finish
- the bar will be open at the finish (drinks not included in price)
- Emergency telephone support, roaming vehicles and return to HQ transport in the event of mechanical failure
- Santa suits, fancy-dress, fairy lights, tinsel, etc. all strongly encouraged to add to the festive atmosphere of the event - but don't forget your helmet!
- Online entry closes at 8pm on Wednesday 24th November 2021.
We have been supporting the House of Bread charity, in Stafford, for several years by way of the donation of surplus food after our cycling events but we have decided to try and raise some much needed funds for them at Christmas, the time for giving, and throughout our 2021 event season. The House of Bread charity help the local homeless of Stafford as well as providing food and support to other people and families by way of food banks and support. Despite generous donations of food and produce by the local community and businesses they still need money to help them 'keep the lights on' so that they can help people in whatever need. All the proceeds from this event will be given directly to House of Bread with the Bostin' Ride Crew volunteering to help out so you have a bostin' ride!
There are two entry types;
- "Adult" entry is only £15; and
- "Child" entry is free but children must be under 16 on the day of the event and must ride with an adult on the day. Children cannot enter the event by themselves and so must be included on a booking with an adult.
- THIS IS A CHARITY RIDE AND SO NO TRANSFERS ARE PERMITTED - if you cannot take part then we will treat your entry as a donation to the charity - it is Christmas after all 🙂
Join us if you can but also spread the word to family, friends and fellow cyclists and let's raise as much money as we can for this well deserving charity!
Course details are:
- Distance* - 39.1 miles / 62.9km
- Elevation* - 1,399 feet / 426m
- Maximum gradient up/down* +7.7% / -6.7%
- Grading - 1/5 (27) - Moderate
- Feed stations - one
- The event is open to anyone - from keen amateurs to club riders and professionals with the aim of raising a lot of money for the chosen charity
- Santa suits, fancy-dress, tinsel. fairy lights, etc are encouraged to make this a Christmas cycling event to remember
- As this is a charity event it may not be operated the same as other Bostin' Ride events
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult and a parental consent form must be completed at Registration.
- Entrants can only ride suitably maintained road legal bicycles with working brakes (ie. no track bikes please) powered by a chain. (see FAQ for full details of permitted bikes).
- Tandems are permitted but entry fees payable are per person and not per bike.
- Event HQ facilities, toilets and free car parking
- Free tea/coffee at Registration
- Start line mechanic, to sort out any last minute bike issues
- All routes fully signposted
- Event information pack (emailed 3 days before event)
- GPS/GPX route files
- Free tea, coffee, water, cakes, minced pies, mulled wine, etc at the feed station
- On-course photography (subject to availability/rider numbers)
- Emergency support includes first aid, rider's emergency telephone number and support vehicles to return you and your bike to the Event HQ in the event of mechanical failure
- Free tea/coffee at the finish with open bar
- A great sense of achievement and a Bostin' smile!
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- spare parts, tools or on-course mechanical support
- each rider should carry their own tools, replacement inner-tubes, patches, chain-links, etc. to enable them to repair every-day mechanical failures.
- If you cannot repair your bike we will pick you up but we will not repair your bike for you.
- roads in perfect condition
- we are at the mercy of the local authorities and the weather with regard to the conditions of the road surfaces on the day of the event.
- detailed monitoring of riders around the course - although we try our best to sweep the routes and make sure that everyone arrives back safely.
- timing chips or any other timing information - it is not a race!