We are delighted to be able to announce the launch of our 2020 cycle sportive events:
- Sunday 26 April 2020 – Bostin’ Chase Sportive
- Sunday 17 May 2020 – Bostin’ Bridge Sportive
- Sunday 7 June 2020 – Bostin’ Peaks Sportive
- Sunday 21 June 2020 – Bostin’ Vyrnwy Velo Sportive
- Sunday 12 July 2020 – Bostin’ Diablo Sportive
There are several changes from last years events but the key ones are detailed below.
Bostin’ Peaks has moved to a new event HQ at Rocester Football Club. This has enabled us to change some of the the routes so that all three routes will, this time, venture into the Peak District National Park, with the Gold route being shortened in length.
Bostin’ Diablo has also moved to a new event HQ, at the Leek Road Campus of Staffordshire University, which means that there is less urban cycling at the start and less hills at the finish than last year. Although it still remains our most challenging event. We have also moved the date of the event to later in the season.
We have been trying for several years to schedule our events in, what we consider to be, their general order of difficulty; with the easiest being at the start and moving through to our most challenging at the end. For 2020 we have finally achieved this, in terms of Gold and, to some extent, Silver routes anyway. Our thinking has always been that as you ride with us throughout the season you will get fitter and so more capable of enjoying a slightly more challenging ride each time. This is especially aimed at those riders who take up our Grand Tour discount, and ride all five of our events in 2020.
We have also moved to a new booking platform which we hope will make your online booking experience easier. Some of the new system’s benefits are as follows:
- Speedy Checkout function – in addition to a traditional checkout experience Speedy Checkout allows riders to select the event/ride they want to enter, pay and then move on with their busy day. Then, when they have more time, they return to the site and fill in all the other registration details required to take part. This is particularly beneficial for booking on a mobile phone.
- Booking Protect – this is a service that can refund your entry fee if you are unable to attend one of our events after booking online. For an optional additional charge, made at the time of booking, your entry fee can be refunded to you on the occurence of certain circumstances, such as injury, adverse weather, etc. Which makes booking in advance feel a lot safer.
- Better management of entries by riders themselves including the transfers of places between events and routes and riders including handling any entry fee price differences
- Team entries – enter a group of riders under a team name and manage the team members
- Buy an entry as a present for someone – why not buy a fellow cyclist an entry in a Bostin’ Ride event – you now can.
- Donations to charity – we can now offer riders the ability to make a donation, including gift aid, to our nominated charity as part of the booking process.
- Merchandise – you can now buy our excellent quality Bostin’ Ride cycling jerseys at the same time as entering online.
- Payment by instalments – you can split the cost of entering our events over a number of months.
All details on our 2020 events can be found on the website but online registration is now open with early-bird prices operating until the end of January 2020.