THE LONG WAIT IS FINALLY OVER!
We are delighted to announce that our first event since 2019, the Bostin’ Chase Sportive, will take place on Sunday 25th April 2021!
The event unfortunately cannot be as previously advertised – as we have had to make changes to follow the government and British Cycling’s ‘organised sport covid-19 event guidelines’ – but we still expect it to be a Bostin’ event despite the change of venue, change of routes and new procedures.
Full details of the changes to this event will be available on the website soon but, to let you all know as soon as possible, the main changes are:
- The event HQ will be at the Monkton Recreation Centre in Penkridge, Staffordshire, ST19 5QP instead of at Harper Adams University in Newport, Shropshire.
- There will still be three routes, but these will now be 30 miles long (Bronze), 50 miles long (Silver) and 70 miles long (Gold).
- The event HQ will also be used as the feed station for the event.
- The Bronze route will not have a feed station, and it will not travel over Cannock Chase.
- The Silver route will have one feed station, after 30 miles.
- The Gold route will have two feed stations, after 30 miles and 50 miles.
- People will NOT be able to go inside any building apart from to use the toilets, in a socially distanced manner.
- There will be contactless registration on the day.
- There will be no formal mass start.
- Food and drink will be provided OUTSIDE, and we can only provide bottled water and pre-wrapped cakes and biscuits, in line with guidelines.
- We shall still operate an emergency ‘return to HQ’ support service for any rider who needs assistance while at on the course – masks/face coverings must be worn throughout any journey.
Online entry is available through the website, https://bostinride.com/bostin-chase-sportive/so sign up now and join us on, possibly, one of the first sportives of 2021!
We are so excited to be able to make this announcement after the dark months of lockdown and we look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible to enjoy a Bostin’ days cycling in a safe and secure manner! #BostinRide
The Bostin’ Ride Team