It is with much regret that we are cancelling our Santa Ride tomorrow.
We, like many, have woken up to snow on the ground this morning (Saturday) and the weather conditions predicted for the remainder of the day and overnight suggests that there may be a possibility that the snow will not have melted by the day of the event and, even if it did, with temperatures overnight now forecasted to be well below zero and into tomorrow morning we feel it is unsafe to allow riders to ride tomorrow. This decision has not been taken lightly but we feel is correct in view of the changing weather forecast.
This is the first event we have ever cancelled due to weather conditions but we feel it is the right decision for the safety of our riders and marshals and we wanted to make the decision early enough to allow entrants to change their plans for the weekend. We have considered rescheduling the event to a later date but as we are now entering the Christmas period and the winter months there would no guarantee that the weather would not beat us again.
We believe that the fairest thing to do, as we have managed to mitigate most of our costs for the event, is to refund any rider who requests it however, as this was a charity event, we would like to suggest that people do not request a refund but instead we will donate their entrance fee to the House of Bread charity who will use it to help the homeless and disadvantaged in the Stafford area.
If you would like a refund then please email us at email@example.com and we will process your refund, less merchant processing fees, in the next few days.
We, at Bostin’ Ride, are all very disappointed not to be holding this event which we were looking forward to immensely, but safety of all must be paramount.
We wish you all a safe and happy Christmas and New Year.