As reported on our statement of 18 March (https://bostinride.com/bostin/2020-events/coronavirus-postponement-of-opening-two-events/) , and via email to certain riders, we decided to postpone our first two events of the season due to the Covid-19 outbreak. This was a very hard decision to take but, in view of recent events, can only have been the correct one to keep our riders and staff safe under social distancing guidelines.
We are a small family business and have already expensed substantial funds in organising these events. As stated in our Rider’s Terms and Conditions we are unable to refund any entry money however, unlike some other organisers, we take the view that you have entered our events in good faith, we have been unable to supply the event due to circumstances beyond our control and so, when the time is right and the safety of all can be assured, we will provide you with entry into a Bostin’ Ride sportive.
Since our earlier announcement, we have been working with our booking agent to put in place procedures that mean that anyone that has already entered an event with us will be able to transfer their entry to any other Bostin’ Ride event at no additional cost.
This has been a complicated process to sort out as riders who have already booked a place with us will have paid different amounts depending on the date they booked or the discounts they took at the time. Some will have paid an early-bird price, a standard price, taken a multi-rider discount price or a multi-event price and transferring to a new event with a different ticket price would have led to the booking system asking riders to pay the difference. This is unacceptable and so we have been trying to put in place a process where nobody pays any more to take part as a result of these unfortunate postponements.
We have now completed this process, and we can now announce the following:
- Our previous “Transfer Fee” of £5 (which was being donated to our nominated charity) has now been removed from the system so that everyone can transfer their place, at will, for free.
- People with existing bookings in our postponed events, Bostin’ Chase and Bostin’ Bridge sportives, will shortly have their entries in those events cancelled and their Race Space account credited with either £20, £25 or £30 worth of Transfer Credit depending upon whether they had entered the bronze, silver or gold routes at these events and irrespective of how much each entrant actually paid for their place.
- We have changed our prices for all remaining events so that a bronze route entry will be £20, a silver route entry will be £25 and a gold route entry will be £30 so that the awarded Transfer Credit can be used as full payment against a new entry in any Bostin’ Ride event.
- People will shortly be able to either transfer to any of our other three currently scheduled events or do nothing and wait for our postponed events to be rescheduled.
- The Transfer Credits are currently set to expire after 12 months and so if we are unable to organise any further events this year then these credits will roll-over to our 2021 events.
It may take several days for the Transfer Credit process to be completed but this is an automatic process and so you do not need to contact us to claim your Credit. Every rider of our first two events will receive a Transfer Credit for each entry they have made. The Transfer Credit will show in your account over the next few days.
Once all Transfer Credits have been issued the two events will be removed from the booking site as everyone will have been withdrawn and the event dates will not be met. When the replacement events are scheduled the events will then reappear on the booking site and we will announce this on the website and social media.
We are aware that as the occurrences of the virus increase the likelihood of some, if not all, of our remaining events taking place becomes less likely however at this time we remain positive.
To use your Transfer Credit and book a place in a future Bostin’ Ride event please follow the steps below:
- Log into your Race Space account with the email address you used to purchase your ticket with.
- Once logged in, either on the page itself or from the drop-down menu which appears when you put your mouse over your name in the top right corner, you will see My Transfers. Select this.
- On the next page you are taken to, you will see your credit amount and to the right you will see in red writing See Eligible Events. Select this.
- On the next page you will see all the live events you are eligible to register for.
- Select the event and Book Now on the route, registering your ticket as you would normally.
- Before selecting Complete Payment in the Summary section (see screenshot below or attached) you will see a green bar which reads Select Transfer Credit. Select this drop-down menu to apply your transfer credit. NOTE: If you are doing this process from a mobile then you will need to select Checkout on the registration page and on the next page you will see the option to add your credits.
We are aware that British Cycling have now extended their prohibition of their registered events until 30 June 2020. At this time, we have decided to wait a little longer before making any decision on the running of our remaining three planned events and we still aim to reschedule any postponed events to later this year, if at all possible. As and when circumstances change, we will of course notify entrants.
We would like to thank Race Space for their efforts and support to enable this process to be completed.
We wish you and your families well over this period of uncertainty and stay safe in whatever you do.
The Bostin’ Ride Team
SCREENSHOT REFERRED TO ABOVE: